Sunday 12 February 2012

Emotional Intelligence

About two years ago, I was told that I was emotionally intelligent, but if someone asked me to define emotional intelligence, it would take me a while to come up with an answer. So do I really have emotional intelligence or not, seeing as I don't really know what it is?!
I guess that you might just have it! But if there are books on the subject, does that mean, I don't really understand? Considering I pick up a/the book, flick through the pages, then go back to the contents, make Jade face 34 ( okay so for the people who wouldn't have a clue what 'Jade face 34', looks like, I mean a VERY confused face) and then tell myself, 'Jade you really haven't got a clue'.  - I would attach a photo, but it would properly make you sick!

according to wikipedia;
'Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to identify, assess, and control the emotions of oneself, of others, and of groups'. - Put simply...

But surely no one can tell you how you feel?! Only you know, so surely everyone has 'it' , emotional intelligence that is.

The only reason this bothers me, is because I've never been considered ' intelligent' so getting that label was quite exciting to say to the least. But I am learning to not let labels get to me! Why should I let others influence me. The power of words, can alter how someone reacts to everything, and the whole control thing, gets to me just a little.

So whether I have that two worded label or not, it doesn't really matter in the great scale of things.



                                                                                 Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment